Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First class ticket to Funtowne.

The past two mornings I've walked out onto our deck, as I always do, to see how the birds are doing. Zeke and I like to bird watch, even for just a moment or so, and I simultaneously check the weather while we're scoping out our feathered friends. The difference in the past two mornings, however, was the distinct crispness in the air. It's coming, folks. Fall, that is. I feel a sense of melancholy about this for the first time ever. I'm usually *ready*...ready for the cool air, the pumpkins, the apple cider, and most importantly Halloweenie. I'm just not ready yet. I think having Zeke with me all summer made it quite different this year. He has changed my mind about loving the summer and all the fun that goes along with it. I've relived my summertime memories through him this year - and it's been superfun. Having a 3-year old is awesome - it gives you an excuse to go down water slides, get on roller coasters, have your face painted, and eat Tootsie Rolls. It's simply, summertime fun. And I'm not ready for that to end yet.

3 comments:

powesq said...

I'm with you--I don't want summer to end even a little! Time to kick it into high gear before it all slips away...

Valreegrl said...

Although I LOVE fall...I hate winter more....so summer's end is really depressing for me.

I agree.....watching the kids enjoy the outdoors is really amazing. Hard to think about being stuck in on those nasty winter days.

I dream of becoming a snow bird and heading south for the winter.

DembroskyFamily said...

I am with you on that one. I am not ready for the freedom that summer brings to end. Soon we will be getting up earlier and getting Kaitlyn ready for school.

England Slideshow

Fall Fun 2009

I got a lil' bored and started playing around with Zeke's pic...

Check out my slideshow from our trip to Cherry Crest Farm on 11/1/08!

Check out my slideshow from Tyler Arboretum's Pumpkin Days - 10/19/08

A Visit to the Petting Zoo at East Goshen Park - 7/29/08