Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Where's my right hand man???

Education is not filling a pail but the lighting of a fire. ~William Butler Yeats

Today is Zeke's first real day of preschool. If you could see me now, you'd be horrified. I prepared for the worst and wore waterproof mascara today, but still...it's bad. I'm not a pretty crier. I get all red and blotchy, swollen and mucky. That's how I am right now. I dropped him off about 45 minutes ago and still..I'm upset. I know deep down that it's time. It's time to light that fire in Zeke's soul - let him go to learn more, explore more, and experience more. But I just wish I could be there with him every single moment to see how he takes it all in. If I could, I'd jump in his Spiderman backpack and peek out the pocket to see how it's all going. But, I can't, so I won't. In the meantime, I'll trust that he's in good hands. I'll trust that all of my research into exactly who I want introducing him to the world of education is fruitful. I can't promise though, that each time I drop him off in carline, that I won't shed some tears as I pull out of that parking lot. I miss my baby too, too much.

No comments:

England Slideshow

Fall Fun 2009

I got a lil' bored and started playing around with Zeke's pic...

Check out my slideshow from our trip to Cherry Crest Farm on 11/1/08!

Check out my slideshow from Tyler Arboretum's Pumpkin Days - 10/19/08

A Visit to the Petting Zoo at East Goshen Park - 7/29/08