Just dropped 'im off. I'm not all nutty about it today. Maybe I'm getting the swing of this *school* thing, now. I actually drove home really, really fast so that I could maximize my alone time for MOI!!!! I figure, what the hell, it's Friday...why not REALLY crank the iPod while I clean the kitchen. Does that make me a total loser????
Here's what I've learned so far about being a school Mommy:
1. It's not cool to crank inappropriate music in carline. Note to self: turn off the iPod when turning into Goshen Friends parking lot.
2. It's also not cool to show up for carline 30 minutes early just so I can spy on my kid while he's in the playground. Jenn H., you need to heed this advice...
3. There's something amiss when my kid has only been in school for 6 days and he is correcting my inappropriate language. i.e. Nancy: "Oh, crap, I burnt the chicken." Zeke: "Mommy, you can't say crap."
4. Never, ever is it ok for Zeke to wear the Fight Club t-shirt to school. What is the Fight Club t-shirt? Oh, let me tell you. It's a stellar piece of clothing that Pauly bought at 5 Below one day on his lunch hour that apparently he thought was swell. It has a picture of two boxers duking it out on it and it says "Fight Club" in big letters across the chest. Ummmmm...way to send a message Pauly. Not good.
5. Lastly, I'm going to be ok at this whole thing. And as someone so wisely commented to me recently (Stinky John Jones) maybe I'll smarten up and use this time to ride some handsome horsies...