Friday, September 17, 2010

And never look back.

No, I'm not apologizing for the looooooooooooooong gap in posts.  I've been busy, people.  It's been summertime.  Summertime means fun time and that equals no time.  To post that is.  But now things are coming to a screeching halt, so I'm back.  Tons of goodies have happened, so I'll do my best to summarize:

1.  Pauly, Zeke and I went on an awesome trip to Atlantis in the Bahamas to celebrate my BIG birthday.  That's all I'm going to say about just how "big" my birthday was.  For now, we'll call it my 23rd.  But the Caribbean was amaaaaaazing, the water was gorgeous, the relaxation was primo, and I'm ready to go back.  I love collecting those stamps in my passport...

2.  Zeke started school.  Full time school.  Big time SAD for me.  I'm still not sure if I'm actually coping or just muddling my way through the empty days.  All I know is that I horribly, terribly, ridiculously, insanely MISS my baby boy.  I wonder all day every day if he's okay, if he needs me for anything, if he's hungry, if he's thirsty, if he has to go to the potty, if he's too hot, if he's too cold, if he needs a tissue, if he needs a wet wipe, if he bumped his head and needs an icepack (very possible), if he wants me to read him a story, if he wants apples and peanut butter, if he wants to go to the park to ride his Razor Scooter, if he wants to play Club Penguin on his laptop, or if he needs a Band Aid.  Mostly I worry that my baby just needs his mommy to give him a kiss and tell him that he's the most fabulous kid on earth and that he's so smart that when he grows up he could most likely rule the universe.  Five year olds need that.  And five year olds need their mommies.  So why is he in school all day?  Not sure if that was a good decision on my part yet...(insert lots of sobby, wet tears here).

3.  My dove breeding days have slowed.  I'm down to one singular dove.  After a series of events including the sad euthanasia of the "wacky-legged dove", I'm left with the original mommy dove of the flock.  She's a gorgeous ring necked girl who has become quite the talker.  I really do love her but fear that she's lonely.  It's that teeny, tiny nagging fear in the back of my mind that could very well lead to yet another round of dove breeding if I cave in and get the little mama a "friend".  Oh boy...

4.  Zeke is playing football and I'm not sure I like it.  I'm happy that he's enjoying a new team sport, but the mommy side of me wonders why they call it "flag football"?  The kids are tackle-crazed and forget to go for the flags about 90% of the time.  And to top it all off, they don't wear helmets.  :(

And that's about it.  Or at least what I can recall in the haze of what was a super nice summer.  I enjoyed each day with my boy, with our friends, and with my hubby.  I'll always kinda' remember this summer as the "last one"...the one of innocence for Zeke...the one before he stepped into the cold, cruel, crazy real world of the 9 to 5 grind.  There's no going back for him now.  But somehow, I don't think he really minds.

No comments:

England Slideshow

Fall Fun 2009

I got a lil' bored and started playing around with Zeke's pic...

Check out my slideshow from our trip to Cherry Crest Farm on 11/1/08!

Check out my slideshow from Tyler Arboretum's Pumpkin Days - 10/19/08

A Visit to the Petting Zoo at East Goshen Park - 7/29/08